I once knew an incredible lady
who was graceful and fair
And to me she took a fancy
and all her riches shared
She listened to my every call
She bought me gifts so fine
She showered shreds of brilliant flair
of many forms and kind
And when she spoke her voice was thunder!
For Power was her name
But when she smiled her breath was sugar
That mastered wealth and fame
As we flirted we skewed the paths
of meaning, true love, sworn
outspoke the word of rule and law
reigned with might and scorn
And all those times I worshiped her
kept her pleased and sated
Until the day I did the error
of taking her for granted
Now she turns her back on me
and heeds no cry nor tears
sheet by sheet my grief and pleas
they fall upon deaf ears
Oh were that I had treasured her more
Is all now in vain?
Oh what would not this poor soul give
To ride her whims again?
14 comments:
hey, stumbled upon your blog when i was going through an ex-scholar's blog. and i realized you were the one who was lingering on a certain someone's mind...in the past(since a year ago). it's pretty sad because when she'd finally gotten over the what-ifs, you're finally starting a little journey of regrets(from what i gather from your poem, the character is too vivid and personal to be of an imaginary one or an abstract representation). so ironic. the countless nights she used to relate to me,..this is truly a SAD story.
if i'm right on this.
what the hell have you been thinking for the past 4 years?!??
she's a dear friend to me.
don't start something you can't finish(even though it's a really nice poem).
but if i'm wrong, left, right and centre.
whoopsie.
thousand apologies(imaginary indian accent)
Hi :)
Not sure who you are, but here are a few facts.
1. 'She' is a personification. I don't know why you would consider 'her' vivid and personal. The extent of exaggeration I used with 'her' description seems to suggest that she is not a real person, no?
2. I'm abit blur and often absent minded, but when I do sit down and think, I only decide and perform what I genuinely think is best.
That aside, glad you liked the poem :)
Although this misunderstanding is also probably caused by 'her' disfavour =(
didn't i tell you..?
(scroll up 2 msgs frm this one and READ)
(with the indian accent)
have a wonderful day!
lol now this is absolutely fascinating. jason, you owe us some storiiieeesss
haha jon and i shall await with eager and open ears
lol wat u wanna hear? :P You probably know everything there is to be told
lies! there's always more. the fleshing out, the descriptions and elaborations.
what you doing in summer?
OK I GOT TOO WORKED UP TO NOTICE THAT YOU'VE UPDATED YOUR BLOG. AND EVEN WITH THIS BOLD POST!!!
LIKE W-T-F?
OK
2 GUESSES, NAME STARTING WITH 'C'(ENGLISH NAME) OR 'H'(CHINESE NAME, I THINK THIS APPLIES FOR BOTH)..
WHO! YOU ARE SOOOO SOOO SOOO DEAD TOMORROW, YOU SMART ASS OFFLINE SO EARLY IN THE NIGHT. YOU'LL GET ALL MY INSANE QUESTIONS BY 9:00 AT THE BUS STOP! HAHAHAHA~~
FINALLY JASON STINKS OF SCANDAL!
---> ben:
he'll be quite busy with his precious projects in NUS... aiks.. haha
Aiyo~~ no scandal la~~
Pretty innocent post right? Just like my old procrastination post wat. Just a personification, personifikasi aje. Sorry to disappoint you all, but no girl la :P
How come I get pounced on whenever I write something using a girl-persona?
lol because we smell the scent of scandal circulating around you
linsien: <-- wat kind of scandal jason getting up to in NUS?
No scandal la T.T
no, no Cs or Hs involved. but there is an S and a P.
(oh thousand apologies-indian accent again).
have a wonderful day! ^^
another hint- SPHL are her initials
OMFG, really? omfg omfg.
ohhhh
she.
She???
Post a Comment