Tuesday, January 29, 2008

An act of observation...

...inevitably and irretrievably disturbs the state of the observed system.

Anyone who has had an elementary introduction to modern physics knows this. What takes me by surprise, though, is that this little idea has managed to pop itself out of the realm of books and thought experiments to land squarely in front of me now, upon this awkward crossroad on which I have somehow unwittingly found myself standing. A principle in the world of the microscopic suddenly musters the audacity to strike at some very very macroscopic issues. And all I find myself capable of doing at this moment is to sit around in futile waiting for answers, or some hint thereof, that I know are quite simply not forthcoming.

Hurrah for the head-in-the-sand solution.

Ah wells, I'll get over it somehow. I always do. The big question ends up being whether I'd be able to get over this without having to regret in the future.

But then again, from a philosophical point of view, one has to wonder if that is even possible.

Kindly ignore my ramblings.

4 comments:

ls said...

apa lu cakap?

Anonymous said...

Great work.

Anonymous said...

Great blog as for me. It would be great to read a bit more concerning that topic. Thnx for posting that information.

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.