Monday, November 19, 2007

Does it always rain near the finals?

It has been repeated to no end, but I am so, very, enamored by Rain. It snares my eyes, stills my heart, and steals my breath, almost as if it had an indescribable, inexorable grip on my soul. The music that weaves its magical way into my ear draws me further into this fascination, this isolated, insulated, otherworldly dialogue between that simple shimmering veil of water and the most profound essence of my spirit.

But of course, I am merely the dreamer, pausing in the midst of his work, to stare out the window of a perfectly sheltered, temperature-conditioned faculty building. I look upon the Rain within my own sphere of safety, sitting in dry comfort before my laptop, snugly wrapped in the soothing music playing on Audacious.

Perhaps it is merely a consequence of perspective, that I am in love with the Rain.



As gently and silently as its coming the rain stops. But the sky remains overcast in brooding contemplation.

2 comments:

BenLo said...

wow i like the piece.

where did you get it from?

Anonymous said...

Its called 'Dance of Pales', from Castlevania Symphony of the Night soundtrack. I ... got it from youtube xD