Ah wells, was planning to blog about Linkin Park's Minutes to Midnight album (which I enjoyed), but that will take some time so while waiting for linsien to appear (like 1hour 15 minutes after the agreed upon time), I'll just quickly pen down something I found while browsing the net.
I have to admit, one of the most important reasons I am absolutely terrified of returning to windows now is the single, cramped desktop in which I have to survive there (remember that Ubuntu has eight?). But now, it seems that there is salvation yet for all you people out there still reluctant to venture beyond the event horizon of microsoft windows. Take a look at this :

Yeah that's right. Virtual desktops for WINDOWS!! Complete with a 3D-cube effect too. Looks like it only gives you four virtual desktops, but hey, thats a hell alot better than one. Best of all, its free (you won't catch me blogging about it otherwise)!
Of course, I've never tried it, so I have no idea how well it works. I only ever log in to windows to perform stuff I absolutely cannot perform in Linux now, and one desktop is good enough for that. If any of you do try it out though, kindly let me know the results :)
Read more about Shock 4Way 3D Virtual Desktop (for Windows XP/2000/2003/Vista) here.
No comments:
Post a Comment