Update! This time not in the simple sense of simply updating my blog with another senseless outgrowth of my SWI-stricken, pseudo-poetic mind but a true update in the sense of an updated account of what's been going on in my uninteresting life.
It is night now, the first real free night I've had for awhile. Just came back from a pretty relaxing session of wushu, at the end of a week in which I had regular classes, faced three tests, and simultaneously organised probably the largest dota event our puny little not-even-officially-a-cca student interest group ever tackled. Still got homework to do and wushu duty during the NUS Open House on Sunday but hey, I'm gonna relish what little breathing space I can afford.
Okay update away! Let's start from my studies. This semester has been a little downhill in terms of academic excitement - most of the modules I'm taking are rather less interesting and/or have rather more inadequate lecturer's and tutors compared to those in the last semester. And what's worse? They're on the whole alot heavier workload-wise. Thank God and His twinkling stars that I don't live in a hall. I'll take my puny speck of a dwelling space and count my blessings over the horror stories I'm hearing (and sometimes witnessing @@) of hall-imposed responsibilities.
Which reminds me! I just checked and I apparently managed to steal for myself 38 CCA points! Now THAT is a tidy sum, looks like if this keeps up I won't be having trouble with keeping my on-campus accommodation if I want to. However the asymmetry between the amount of time and sweat you invest and the amount of points you receive in reward is still as stark as ever (I got the same amount of points just attending er-hu lessons as I got for going for wushu twice a week AND performing for them on two occasions). Realities of a Singapore-bound life. As the great Mr Chan used to say : "That's life la har!"
On a sadder note, I've been facing severe problems on the dota front - my laptop has been basically screwing up every last match I had the audacity to attempt to join. With that kind of lag and dc frequency I will not only not be able to bolster my sinking skill levels, but will end up spoiling the game for my teammates as well. Enough is enough I guess. I have no choice now but to decide to quit dota until I can either obtain for myself a new machine or get this obviously aging veteran revitalised (all you old laptop whores better feel sorry! :p). No matter how you look at it this almost definitely means leaving my current team, since I will not be able to participate in practices for a long while. So I guess I'll go free lance once I am dota-reenabled, and perhaps take time to train myself back into competitive shape.
On the other hand I'm glad that I am nonetheless rooted to the general dota community in NUS, which to my pleasure appears to be growing and thriving. Even if I can no longer participate in competitive matches I am glad that I am at least able to contribute towards creating a creating a competitive atmosphere in the gaming community here. Incidentally those of you who might be interested in the replays of the NUS finals of the SingTel GXL Gaming Cup (I assure you that there are matches worth watching!) they will be up soon at http://www.nuseg.com/ so keep an eye on that webbie :) And while you're at it, POST something :))
Alrite I'm going to terminate this update now, mainly because I'm highly sleepy and thinking of more stuff to write, including a proper ending for this post, seems like a mountain of effort. So I'm just gonna leave it like this.
Oyasumi.
2 comments:
congrats! 38's a big WOW, bet u are proud, apply TH! I'm sure u can get in liao liddat!!
It completely agree with told all above.
Post a Comment